Dimitrios Afouxenidis received his Bachelor’s Degree in Physics from the
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2007 and his Master’s
Degree in “Material Science and Technology” from the same university in 2009.
He specialized in Thermoluminescence (TL) as well as Optically Stimulated Luminescence
(OSL) measurements with emphasis on luminescence dosimeters, ceramic materials
with archaeological interest and bioceramic materials. During his undergraduate
studies he received training in radiotherapy and clinical dosimetry at the
Medical Physics Laboratory of the University Hospital of Larissa (Greece). In
2006 he joined the Archaeometry Department of the Cultural and Educational
Technology Institute (C.E.T.I.,
· Thermoluminescence (TL) & Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) applications in Geology & Archaeometry,
· Research & Development on TL/OSL Dosimeters,
· Environmental, accidental and clinical dosimetry,
· X –ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF).
· D. Afouxenidis, E.C. Stefanaki, G.S. Polymeris, A. Sakalis, N.C. Tsirliganis, G. Kitis. «TL/OSL properties of natural schist for archaeological dating and retrospective dosimetry». Elsevier Journal of Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A. [NIM_A, vol. 580 pp705, 2007].
· G.S. Polymeris, D.
· B. Subedi, D. Afouxenidis, G.S. Polymeris, K. Bakoglidis, S. Raptis, N.C. Tsirliganis, G. Kitis. «Thermal quenching of thermoluminescence in quartz samples of various origins». Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry International Scientific Journal [MAA, Vol. 2010, No.4, pp. 69-75].
· G.S. Polymeris, D. Gogou, D. Afouxenidis, S. Rapti, G.I. Dallas, N.C. Tsirliganis, G. Kitis. «Preliminary TL and OSL investigations of Obsidian samples». Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry International Scientific Journal [MAA, Vol. 2010, No.4, pp. 83-91].
· Dallas, G.I., Polymeris, G.S., Stefanaki, E.C., Afouxenidis, D., Tsirliganis, N.C., and Kitis, G. «Sample dependent correlation between TL and OSL in Al2O3», Elsevier Journal of Radiation Measurements. [Radiat. Meas., vol. 43, pp335, 2008].
· G.S. Polymeris, S. Rapti, D. Afouxenidis, N.C. Tsirliganis, G. Kitis. «Thermally assisted photo transfer OSL from deep traps in Al2O3:C». Elsevier Journal of Radiation Measurements [Radiat. Meas., vol. 45, pp.519-522, 2010].
· G.I. Dallas, G.S.