Temple Of Saint Vlasis,Xanthi
© Region of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace
LOCATION:It is situated in the Old Town of Xanthi.
THE MONUMENT:According to a repoussed marble graffito on the exterior lintel of the narthex ,the construction of the temple was completed on 11th April 1838.It is a trikliti basilica with a <> roof , a depressed narthex and a loft.The apsis of the bema is semicircular.The simple tower bell of this monument is adjusted to the eastern part of the roof and it is consisted of two built piers covered with a tiled roof.
The temple is simple and wooden.The icon of Almigty Christ made in 1812 by the painter Nikiforos ,the icon of Saint Vlasis which was donated to the temple by Kazantzis Aggelos and his wife,Palatiani and the icon of Saint Dimitrios wich has an inscription of Hatzidimitriou and his wife Palatiani, are standing out.
In the temple there is a repousse marbe candlestick with phytogenic jewels(1757).