The single bowed bridge of Kariofito is situated in the gully of the Kato Kariofito village of Stavroupolisĺ municipality. The deckingĺs length is in 18 m and costal walls were built on it. The bow is 7m in height and 9.50 m in length. This bridge was built in 1813 and it is preserved in a good condition until today. The bridge was constructed in a central point for those who wanted to move from Kariofito to Kastanitis, Margariti and Kalithea. The municipality of Stavroupolis makes efforts to preserve and demonstrate this beautiful bridge.
Kariofito is 14 km away from Stavroupolis and 31 km away from Xanthi. It is in 570 m altitude and took its name in 1923 from the many walnut trees of the area. Refugees from Eastern Thrace and Trapezounta settled in after the Asia Minor destruction The Ano Kariofito had 162 inhabitants n 2001 and the Kato Kariofito 114.